Northland Chapter Education Fund
Spring 2017 Awards:
Phase I application Due:
February 1, 2017
Final Application Due:
Applications will open January 1, 2017
Applicant will be announced at the FAB Awards Show on April 20, 2017
The Northland Chapter Education Fund was established by the Chapter in 2010 to support the advancement of professional development of IIDA members within the Northland Chapter region.
The Education Fund is partially funded by IIDA Northland Chapter Partners, with 50% of funds from Design Firm Partners and 10% of funds from Platinum, Gold and Silver Partners directly supporting the Education Fund. 30% of proceeds from Fusion+Fashion are also distributed into the Education Fund. Additional contributions throughout the year will grow the opportunities the Education Fund can offer for members; please consider donating at any amount. All donations to the Education Fund are tax-deductible.
The Northland Chapter Education Fund mission is to fund and support activities* directly related to the advancement of the professional development of IIDA members in the geographic areas outlined in the structure of the chapter.
*Eligible activities must pertain to education, knowledge or research, within the interior design profession.
- NEXT student multimedia competition: $2500 distributed to two winners annually.
- Reimbursement Fund: Up to $5,000 will be distributed annually, in varying amounts. The number of awards will vary each year.
- Applicant must be a current IIDA Northland member in good standing. Applicant must have been a member for at least one year. To become a member, click here.
- Applicant cannot be a current IIDA Northland Chapter Board Member.
- Applicant cannot receive funding for the activity from their employer or any other funding source. If funding from another source does not cover the activity 100%, the applicant may request funding for the remaining amount.
- Applicant cannot have received funding from the Reimbursement Fund for any activities within the past three years.
- Eligible activities must pertain to education, knowledge or research within the interior design profession. Examples of eligible activities include:
- NeoCon, ICFF, HD Expo or other trade shows
- Greenbuild, Living Futures, Healthcare Design or other conference
- Dale Carnegie training, Living Building Challenge workshop, LEED workshop or other workshop or training
- EDAC or other industry-related exam. Note: NCIDQ and LEED exams are not eligible. IIDA National offers reimbursement for these exams:
- Teach a training course or give a presentation within the Northland chapter region
- Travel to greater Minnesota to educate the public on interior design legislation
- Design research study
- College-level class
- Completed application form.
- Description of the activity, clearly demonstrating how the activity meets the mission of the Northland Chapter Education Fund (NCEF).
- Itinerary, if applicable.
- Estimated budget for activity, including itemized list of anticipated expenses (ex: course registration fee, flight, hotel, food).
- Description of additional funding you are seeking, including employer reimbursement.
- Award recipients are required to submit receipts to IIDA Northland within 30 days after the activity has been completed.
- Within 30 days after the activity, award recipients must submit a written or video summary of their activity for use as a blog post on the IIDA Northland webpage and/or social media accounts. This post becomes the property of IIDA Northland; the recipient waives and relinquishes all rights thereto and assigns such rights to IIDA Northland. IIDA Northland may publish, use, disclose, assign, license or otherwise transfer any such materials.
Selection and Distribution
- The NCEF Committee will recommend recipients to the board. The Board will vote to determine final award recipients. The NCEF Committee and the Board reserve the right to award funds to any number of recipients, in any amount, including the right to select no recipients in any given year.
- Spring recipients will be announced at the FAB Awards, and Fall recipients will be announced at Fusion+Fashion. Recipients will be notified approximately two weeks prior.
- Recipients will be recognized on the IIDA Northland webpage and email newsletter after the public announcements at FAB and Fusion+Fashion.
- Recipients may receive up to 50% of the amount awarded prior to the activity. The remaining 50% will be distributed when the recipient has submitted receipts and a blog post for IIDA Northland’s website.
The Northland Chapter Education Fund does not accept unsolicited requests for financial support and will determine and announce program opportunities as they are available.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org