Northland Chapter Education Fund
The Reimbursement Fund was established with funds from the IIDA Northland Chapter Education Fund (NCEF), intended to support member participation in activities that pertain to education, knowledge or research within the interior design profession.
- Applicant must be a current IIDA Northland member in good standing. Applicant must have been a member for at least one year. To become a member, click here.
- Applicant cannot receive funding for the activity from their employer or any other funding source. If funding from another source does not cover the activity 100%, the applicant may request funding for the remaining amount.
- Applicant cannot have received funding from the Reimbursement Fund for any activities within the past three years.
- Eligible activities must pertain to education, knowledge or research within the interior design profession. Examples of eligible activities include:
- NeoCon, ICFF, HD Expo or other trade shows
- Greenbuild, Living Futures, Healthcare Design or other conference
- Dale Carnegie, Living Building Challenge, LEED workshop or other training
- EDAC or other industry-related exam. Note: NCIDQ and LEED exams are not eligible.
IIDA National offers reimbursement for these exams:
- Teach a training course or give a presentation within the Northland chapter region
- Travel to greater Minnesota to educate the public on interior design legislation
- Design research study
- College-level class
$5000 will be distributed annually. The award amounts will vary, as will the number of recipients.
Award recipients are required to submit receipts to IIDA Northland within 30 days after the activity has been completed.
Within 30 days after the activity, award recipients must submit a written or video summary of their activity for use as a blog post on the IIDA Northland webpage and/or social media accounts. This post becomes the property of IIDA Northland; the recipient waives and relinquishes all rights thereto and assigns such rights to IIDA Northland. IIDA Northland may publish, use, disclose, assign, license or otherwise transfer any such materials.
Selection and Distribution
The NCEF Committee will recommend recipients to the Board. The Board will vote to determine final award recipients. The NCEF Committee and the Board reserve the right to award funds to any number of recipients, in any amount, including the right to select no recipients in any given year.
Spring recipients will be announced at the FAB Awards, and Fall recipients will be announced at Fusion+Fashion. Recipients will be notified approximately two weeks prior. Recipients will be recognized on the IIDA Northland webpage and email newsletter after the public announcements at FAB and Fusion+Fashion.
Recipients may receive up to 50% of the amount awarded prior to the activity. The remaining 50% will be distributed when the recipient has submitted receipts and a blog post for IIDA Northland’s website. If the activity has been completed prior to the recipient’s application for reimbursement, 100% reimbursement will be distributed when the recipient submits receipts and a blog post to IIDA Northland Chapter.
- Applications must be submitted by February 1, 2017 in order to be pre-reviewed by the committee. Applicants who submit by February 1, 2017 will receive feedback from the committee on February 9, 2017 to help them improve their applications.
- Applications must be submitted by February 16, 2017
- Recipient(s) will be notified by March 27, 2017
- Recipient(s) will be announced at FAB
- 50% of the awarded amount will be distributed to the recipient prior to the activity
- Recipient must submit receipts for their expenses within 30 days after the activity has been completed
- Recipient must submit the written or video summary of their activity within 30 days after the activity
- The remaining 50% of the reimbursement will be distributed after receipts have been received and the deliverable has been completed
Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Reimbursement Fund Application