August 10, 2017
11:30 - 12:00 Networking & Lunch
12:00 - 1:00 Keynote
Call for Keynote Speaker Applicants
Minnecon 2017 is an event geared toward vendors, designers, allied professions, and their clients. Our ideal keynote speaker would be someone who understands the world of design, but speaks in a broad enough manner to include everyone at the table. We are looking for an engaging, lively, and interactive speaker who will excite and inspire our audience.
If you are interested in participating please fill out the form below.
Submissions are due by end of day May 1st. You will be notified by May 15th confirming if your speaker was selected for this year's event.
All submissions will be reviewed in detail by our committee.
TIPS FOR SUBMISSIONS:
1. Content cannot be product specific. While we value our industry partnerships, we wish for all content to be non-proprietary.
2. A proposal is less likely to be accepted if content is too basic. Our goal is to differentiate our programs at Minnecon. We recommend that presentations dig into deeper subject matters. Presentations are best when they go beyond the basic overview.
3. A proposal is more likely to be accepted if the content is new and innovative.
4. Talk about the process. Focus on the "how" more than the "what".
5. Talk about Solutions, not just problems
6. Show us something that can make us better interior designers. How can we be more efficient? More economical? More considerate of other aspects of our projects?
7. How can we learn from your experiences to enrich our own lives, both personally and professionally? What lessons can you share?
8. If your presenter is a designer, what is their process? How do they find inspiration?